SOUND DESIGNER/DIALOGUE DESIGNER/COMPOSER, SHEDBUILDER GAMES
November 2020 - Present
- Implementing and organizing V.O. recordings for multiple branching dialogue trees
- Creatively processing dialogue to fit narrative needs of game
- Ensuring clear sound design to communicate gameplay elements to the visually impaired
- Finalist in Ubisoft Montreal’s Indie Series for the game Radio.Play
SOUND DESIGNER, RONIN FLAME GAMES
December 2020 - Present
- Designing sci-fi sound effects using synthesis and digital processing
- Producing a dynamic mix between sound effects, dialogue & music for a fast paced gameplay style
- Crafting events and parameters in Fmod to develop a satisfying audio experience
FOUNDER, ATOBOP STUDIOS - PRODUCTION & POST PRODUCTION AUDIO
March 2016 - December 2020
- Supervising the audio post production processes to meet strict festival deadlines.
- Finalizing mixes in stereo and 5.1 for theater and online streaming - Collaborating with directors & producers to develop full spotting lists that are catered to each project
- Managing and maintaining production audio equipment to ensure fluid on-set work flow and clean dialogue recordings
Hi there! I’m Dominic Caterina, a Montreal-based sound designer for games. My audio career began while studying in college. I spent many late nights performing guitar in clubs and weddings. However, my creative passion for working in multimedia led me to begin working in films in 2016. I worked both in production, recording audio on film and commercial sets as well as running a post-production studio, Atobop Studios (now called Studio Concrete), which saw me improving my skills as a sound designer and foley artist.
My passion for games began at a young age and has always persisted, some of my first memories were feeling and hearing the incredible speed of Sonic the Hedgehog, so by 2020, I was looking a lot into the gaming dev community. What I found was a lot of passionate people in game audio talking about interesting ways of achieving impactful sound design in their games. This led me to learn tools such as Wwise, FMOD, C# coding with Unity and Unreal Engine’s Blueprint system. Since then, I began working with indie teams and I am currently interested in joining a studio to push my sound design skills to the next level.
OUTSIDE OF GAMES
To mark the Lachine Canal National Historic Site, the various elements created by the Wanderer and the contributors have been assembled in the Wanderer Time Capsule 2017. I had the opportunity to write music for an ensemble and perform it on a boat along the Lachine Canal.